Cape Town Research and Conservation Initiative (CTRCI) is undertaking a wide range of research relating to the unique, fragile ecosystems of the Western Cape with the help of local partnerships. The organisation is based in Langebaan, just north of Cape Town. From there we work on marine, biosphere, coastal and environmental education projects. We are looking for an Operations Manager to lead the research and volunteers in Cape Town.
The primary roles of the Operations Manager are to coordinate day-to-day volunteer projects and the running of the research house. Further responsibilities include:
- managing volunteers and other CTRCI staff;
- coordinating volunteer placements;
- supervising volunteers in the field;
- ensuring the collection of accurate, meaningful research; and
- liaising with our partner organisations to identify future possible collaborations and areas of research.
The successful applicant will have:
- a Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field;
- experience working with and managing volunteers;
- experience leading data collection in the field;
- strong administration and management skills;
- ability to work independently and as part of a team;
- confidence training and leading groups; and
- a full, clean driving license.
This is not a 9-5 job, the successful applicant will live at the research house with the volunteers, therefore you must be flexible and easy going with great interpersonal skills. Preferably a non-smoker.
There is a minimum commitment of one year starting end of October 2016. A basic salary of 6000 ZAR is offered in addition to approximately 5 USD commission per volunteer per week. Accommodation and all meals are provided at the research house.